Thursday, July 3, 2008

Smokin' Deal

I saw that Sports Authority had Russel brand running shirts and shorts on sale this week. I made a point to stop by and pick a couple more shirts and another pair of shorts. I spent about 30 minutes cruising the aisles, found the Russell sale items under the sign marked $12.99, picked out a couple of items and headed to the register. Upon checking out, I discovered I was charged $19.99 for each of the items. I bought this to the attention of the cashier and he told me they were not on sale. I proceeded to show him the ad in the newspaper and he called over another cashier. When the other cashier came over, she said that these are not on sale and then began to put the shirts back onto hangers. I pointed out the section in which I got the shirts and shorts from along with the sign marked $12.99, all she could say was that they were not on sale. I asked for the manager to come over and speak with me. I stated my case about the $12.99 sign and all of the Russell stuff on the racks and shelves where these signs were. The manager went to the shelves with the ad to see if he could straighten it out. After a few minutes, he came back to the register and said that they had to honor the $12.99 price and that the signs were placed incorrectly. In addition I had a coupon for $10.00 off if you spent $50.00. When the smoke cleared, I paid $10.76 for each of the shirts and shorts. A good deal.

Bob

No comments: