Saturday, July 5, 2008

My Longest Run to Date...

I set out this morning at 6:45am with 16oz of gatorade and 16oz of water for what I thought would be a 6.5 mile run. I ran the same route I ran last Sunday but in reverse. When I got to the street I should have turned on, I felt good so I kept going another 1.5 miles then headed south. I got to mile 6 and it felt like I was on mile 3, so I kept going. I had to make a quick pitstop and then trudged on, next thing I know I am hitting mile 8, so I decided to start heading back home. When I got home and looked at the Garmin, WOW...9.2 miles...my furthest run yet.

I had one issue and that was my Amphipod water carriers. I took 2 -8oz bottles on my belt, but the extra bottle made the belt bounce too much, so much that I took one off the belt and carried it my hand. I am looking for another solution to carry water. Possibly a single bottle containing 20oz, a camelback, I don't know. If you have a solution, let me know.

Bob

No comments: