Saturday, July 12, 2008

My First 10 Miler...WooHoo

Today I was able to cross off one of my goals in this training I am doing for the half marathons later this fall, I knocked out a 10 mile run...10.24 miles to be exact. I did it in a time of 1:38:50 (9:40/mile pace) which was just below my goal of 1:40:00. I felt good for most of the run, I started to feel a sore knee about mile 8, but I just kept going. The knee seemed better by the end of the run.

I did try my new Amphipod Run Lite 4 belt today. I loaded all 4 bottles with liquid and headed out. The bounce was minimal although I did notice that the belt and the bottles seemed to want to move around a bit. About half way through the run, I stopped and tightened the belt a bit more and those problems went away the rest of the run.

Spent the rest of the day with family as we hosted my nephew's 6th birthday party. Boy did the pool feel good on my legs.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

That is awesome! I'm still working my way up to 10, most I've done is 7 miles. Are you still liking the amphipod? I saw your posts on running ahead and just wondering if you still like it...

Bob said...

Kathy,

I have only used it once, didnt get a long run in this weekend), I will let you know but the belt is much better. I think this is the solution.