Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Some Great Peeps and Tweeps

I have been fortunate to meet some great people through running/triathlon. Most start out as strangers, and before long, we become friends. I like to think of it as one big dysfunctional family. Here are some of the friends I have met along the way, I urge you to check them out and follow them on Twitter if you are not already doing so.

A Runner's Circle - This is my choice for running shoes and accessories. They offer a great selection at affordable prices. Very knowledgeable staff to assist you. I also run with this group for the Thursday Fun Runs, so if you are in the Los Feliz area and want to join us we leave from the store at 6:00pm.

Iron News Man - Chris Schauble, NBC Anchor just completed his first Ironman in Arizona and is now training for Ironman South Africa. Follow along while he trains and offers his insights on running and triathlon.

The Running Fat Guy - Glenn describes himself "Just an old guy who has been running for a couple years. Trying to get fast, drop weight, and keep it fun!" Glenn was one of the first blogs I started reading about running and I still enjoy reading about his training and such. I got to meet Glenn at a Thanksgiving Turkey Trot Tweet Up that we had back in November and we will be running the LA Marathon in March.

Gym Notes - Linda blogs about her running and the trials and tribulations of being a Dodger fan living in Giants territory. I had the fortune of sitting down with Linda for coffee this week and we had a great time talking about running and life in general. She is very inspirational.

Here are a few of my favorite Running/Triathlon Blogs...

Anatorias
Chicrunner
Quadrathon
LA Runner
Marathoning With Willis
Sam I am - From Fat to Fast
A Girl Named Sam

Follow these people on Twitter:
@xoxo_meme
@StartTrainingLA
@chrisschauble
@gwjones00
@msv1959
@anatorias
@ridgeley
@southbaygirl

I know there are many others that I have left out...I will keep posting more of them every so often.

From my family to yours...have a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Glenn Jones said...

Thanks for the shout Bob! I got your note earlier today on my blog. What's not working? Are you using a Higdon plan? If so and it's a mileage/time issue just drop down one level - i.e., if your using Advanced, use the Intermediate instead.

Southbaygirl said...

thanks so much for mentioning me even though i was thousands of miles away missing the LA tweetup!!! I feel like such a twitter loser!! But when i get back-you guys better watch out!!!! We'll be meeting up soon!!

great Christmas card!

i hope you have a fantastic holiday!!! And so bummed I missed meeting everyone yesterday!!