Monday, December 27, 2010

LA Marathon Training Week #6

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas...
Week #6 on my LA Marathon training plan saw a twist in the schedule as I moved Saturday's (Christmas Day) long run to Friday and took an additional rest day on Thursday. I will do the same this week as well. I did try and get back in the pool last week, but when I got to LA Fitness, I was informed that the pool was closed for repairs until this morning.

Here's how this week looked: (Actual)

Week 6:
Monday: 3 miles (Rode 30 min on bike trainer)
Tuesday: Rest (rest)
Wednesday: 7 Miles  (Rode 60 min on bike trainer)
Thursday: 6.75 mi 5 x 800 (Rest)
Friday: Rest (10 mi long )
Saturday: 10 miles long  (Rest)
Sunday: 7 miles (marathon pace)  (6.2 mi Marathon Pace)


Here is what week #7 looks like:

Week 7:
Monday: 3 miles
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: 8 miles
Thursday: 6 mi, 5 x hill
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 16 miles long
Sunday: 8 miles Marathon Pace

Today's weight: 208.8 Up a bit this week, but considering all I ate and drank over the last couple of days, I'm surprised it wasn't more.

Coming later this week...
2010 My Year in Review...and what a year it was.

Gear Review: New Balance 1226

1 comment:

Southbaygirl said...

cant wait to read your year in review!!! I wish I could run with you.....