Monday, December 20, 2010

LA Marathon Training Week #5

Week #5 on my LA Marathon training plan is finished, here's how it looked by the numbers. I am still having trouble with the mid week runs, but will try harder after the first of the year. This week, I had to run in the rain twice, which I don't mind except when you get completely soaked and the wind picks up.

Here's how this week looked: (Actual)

Week 5:
Monday: 3 miles (Rode 30 min on bike trainer)
Tuesday: Rest (rest)
Wednesday: 6 Miles  (Rode 30 min on bike trainer)
Thursday: 3.5 mi tempo run (4 mi tempo run)
Friday: Rest (rest)
Saturday: 14 miles long  (13.66 mi long)
Sunday: 7 miles (marathon pace)  (4 mi Marathon Pace)


Here is what week #6 looks like:

Week 6:
Monday: 3 miles
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: 7 miles
Thursday: 6.75 mi, 5 x 800
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 10 miles long
Sunday: 7 miles Marathon Pace

Today's weight: 208.0 Up a bit this week. I'm going to try and be really good and stick with my points plan over the next few weeks.

3 comments:

Southbaygirl said...

It's better than my training!!!!! At least you have a marathon lined up-I'm scared!

PRC said...

Good luck Bob!

Jody had a not-so-good visit with the Ortho guy today. She's tore her foot up again and has to go back in the boot, with an MRI on Wednesday. :(

Glenn Jones said...

Way to stay on top of it Bob!