Monday, November 29, 2010

LA Marathon Training Week #2 and Tweaking the Plan

Week #2 on my LA Marathon training plan is finished and it went fairly well despite a rather large food holiday right in the middle. 

Here's how this week looked: (Actual)

Week 2:
Monday: 3 miles (Rode 30 min on bike trainer)
Tuesday: 5 miles (nothing/rest)
Wednesday: 3 miles  (Rode 30 min on bike trainer)
Thursday: 30 Min Tempo (5K Turkey Trot)
Friday: Rest (rest)
Saturday: 11 miles long  (12.6 mi long)
Sunday: 5 miles (marathon pace)  (13.65 mi bike ride)

I had Craig Moss look over my training plan and we have decided to make some adjustments in the schedule. I will now have Tuesday's off and move Tuesday's miles to Wednesday. We'll see how that works out.

Here is what week #3 looks like:

Week 3:
Monday: 3 miles
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: 6 miles
Thursday: 6 mi, 4 x 1200
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 8 miles long
Sunday: 6 miles Marathon Pace

Today's weight: 208.0 , lost 2/10 of 1 lb last week. I'm OK with that considering all that I ate/drank the last 4 days.

4 comments:

Veronica said...

Good job getting things done. I was going to suggest changing your Tuesday with another day. And the weight loss, meh, at least you lost. Unlike me who gained. A lot. But back to it today.

Are you going to do the new WW plan or stick with the old one? I am sticking with the old one myself.

kizzy said...

this is indeed a great training list...keep it up!

"Sport is not about being wrapped up in cotton wool. Sport as about adapting to the unexpected and being able to modify plans at the last minute. Sport, like all life, is about taking risks."
- Sir Roger Bannister ~saucony running shoes

Bob said...

@ V - The losing weight conversation with Tina at dinner last night went over like a fart in church...she was not happy with me.

I havent seen the new WW points plan but I will continue to use the old system.

Jay said...

Have to admit, with my time-based training program, I get an uneasy feeling not seeing set mileage goals (esp on long-run days). What if in February, I run 5 HOURS, and only end up doing like 19-21 miles? Shouldn't I run more? I guess not.. until race day. Also, trying not to obsessively compare myself to other peoples' programs (I see you only have 2 rest days Bob.. hmm...) Well, good luck with your program and hopefully I'll see you at Dodger Stadium!