Sunday, November 21, 2010

LA Marathon Training Week #1 is in the books

Week #1 on my LA Marathon training plan is in the books. I modified the plan a bit, but I did get 5 days of workouts in this week, something I haven't done since mid-August.

Here's how this week looked: (Actual)

Week 1:
Monday: 3 miles (Rode 30 min on bike trainer)
Tuesday: 5 miles (nothing)
Wednesday: 3 miles  (Rode 30 min on bike trainer)
Thursday: 5 miles, 3 x Hill (5 Mi, 3x hill)
Friday: Rest (rest)
Saturday: 10 miles long  (11 mi long)
Sunday: 5 miles (marathon pace)  (3 mi marathon pace)

This morning my calves were so tight and sore that I decided to just do 3 miles. I will have to figure out how to run on Tuesdays, right now that is my busiest day of the week.

Here is what week #2 looks like:

Week 2:
Monday: 3 miles
Tuesday: 5 miles
Wednesday: 3 miles
Thursday: 30 min tempo  (Turkey Trot 5K)
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 11 miles long
Sunday: 5 miles

As for weight, I stuck to my Weight Watchers points for the week, I will weigh in tomorrow morning and am hoping to see a smaller number on the scale.

**update**
Today's weight: 208.2 , lost 1 lb last week.

No comments: