Monday, July 5, 2010

Week #3 of the "TTGFS" Training Plan Recap

Week #3 was by far the best week of training so far. I was able to hit all of my goals for the week. The only setback was the 7 lbs that I seemed to have found after last weekend's cruise. Fortunately, I was able to shed most of those by the end of the week.

Here is week #3 by the numbers...

Monday: Off
Tuesday: Off
Wednesday: Swim 1200 yds, Bike 20 miles w/ hills
Thursday: Swim 1700 yds,  Run 6 miles @ tempo
Friday: Off
Saturday: Run 6 Miles w/hills
Sunday: 11 mile bike, 3 mile run (Brick)

This week will lead me into my first triathlon of the season. It is the Castaic Sprint. I have done this race the last 2 years and I really like it as it has a small, hometown feel to it and it raises money for a local school's track and field program. It is a fun, fast race (400 yd swim, 10 mi bike, 5k run). I am hoping to shave 4-5 minutes off of my previous time.

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Good luck on the sprint tri tomorrow!

Glenn Jones said...

Good luck!