Saturday, March 20, 2010

It's Showtime!

In less than 12 hours I will be crossing the starting line of the LA Marathon. I am still a bit nervous, but very excited. I spent a few hours at the expo on Friday and got to meet and chat with Sarah Reinertsen, who is truly inspirational. Today, I went to the MT Gleason Runners (SRLA) end of year carbo loading luncheon. We had a nice lunch, watched their end of year video presentation and awards ceremony, it was truly a great time.

I have spent sometime today and this evening on the phone with several friends and family members offering their advice and well wishes. I have gone through my check lists several times and have set two alarms for 3am. At this point, the training is done, the mental plan is laid out and now it is time to go lay it down on the streets of Los Angeles. I was reminded of this saying today and I think it sums it up..."Pain is temporary, finishing the LA Marathon is forever!"

See you out on the course...Bib #9334

1 comment:

Southbaygirl said...

Have a fantastic race and remember to have FUN!