Thursday, September 2, 2010

Disneyland Half Marathon Preview

It's that time of year once again, where we make the 45 mile (90 min) drive to the "City that Walt built", Anaheim, Ca to run the Disneyland Half Marathon. For me, this is usually just another expensive race, but this year is going to be different. Back in January, we met our friends in Orlando and ran the Walt Disney World Half Marathon in somewhat less than favorable weather conditions. (You can read the race report here) Now, all of our friends are making the pilgrimage from NY and TX to Anaheim to reunite and run this race and get our "Coast to Coast" medals.

Not only are we going to run this race together, I am going to pace Veronica to a new half marathon PR. We are shooting for 2:15-2:20, and I don't see any reason why we cant hit that. I gave her an 18 week training plan and she has followed it to the T. She has increased her speed and the new PR is in her sights. As an added bonus, Jaime and T-Bone(such a bad ass name for one bad ass 10 year old) will be running the 5K on Saturday, we'll be out cheering with camera in hand. We have been looking forward to this weekend for a long time. Safe travels to y'all (see Paul, I still got it) and see you shortly.

I will have a full race report next week...

1 comment:

Veronica said...

I am so excited I can't stand it! TBone can't wait to see you, she has missed you (and her BFF Tina of course). Thank you for all your help, advice and encouragement, you have been a terrific coach and I intend to make you proud on Sunday!